LBI is growing again! We’re looking for an experienced intermediate interior designer to join our team.
A little more about us:
LBI is a well-regarded residential interior design firm located in Calgary Alberta with a team that takes pride in our integrity, clear processes, client centered design and values-based work environment. We work with clients who are educated about design, have a keen eye for sophisticated style and value the process as well as the outcome of working with a designer. We operate in the spirit of open communication, strong collaboration, and inclusive and diverse views.
A little more about the position:
This position is responsible for managing and facilitating all design work from the conceptual and presentation stage through the completion of assigned projects. Candidates should have a strong background in design and be capable of delegating tasks and working efficiently under deadlines in a fast-pace, busy and creative environment. The ideal candidate should be energetic, hardworking, punctual, and personable with the ability to interact with other designers as well as represent the firm to clients and potential clients. The candidate must be a strategic thinker who values organization and is capable of wholistic approach to design. Detail oriented approach to drawings and documentation is a must.
- manage all phases of design from concept through construction and installation including design development, research, sourcing, specifications and documentation
- proficient in architectural drafting: floorplans, furniture plans, and renderings in SketchUp. Create detailed permit and construction drawing sets, including plans, elevations, sections.
- create preliminary client budgets and schedules; delegate tasks to other team members as required
- source high end material and finishes, furniture, fixtures, and accessories with unique and enviable palettes
- design and develop custom goods including window coverings, wall treatments, area rugs, furniture, and soft goods
- manage and organize installation including furnishings and decor
- prepare client design presentations including design boards and budgets.
- interface with clients and contractors on the job site; schedule all trades, installations, and photographers
- collaborate with contractors, clients, and vendors on creative solutions when issues or problems are identified
- prepare, manage, and maintain project files, correspondence, drawings, etc.
- respond to all client, vendor, and contractor emails and calls within 24 hours
- manage design, procurement, contracts, installations, budgets and schedules on several projects
- maintain updated, detailed, and organized project files and materials utilizing the company’s purchasing software, task management application and templates per company standards.
- work closely with Studio Manager to ensure consistent client communication and coordination
- bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Interior Design and/or Architecture minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a residential design firm required. *do not apply to this posting if you do not have this experience
- high level CAD Expertise The studio currently uses SketchUp but will work with someone with experience in AutoCAD or Revit *do not reply to this posting if you do not have the requisite CAD training or experience
- sophisticated design sensibility and a strong portfolio with a passion for a wide range of aesthetics ranging from classical to modern, experience with high end custom specifications and furnishings
- professional appearance, punctuality & discretion
- strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- strategic thinker who pays attention to detail and is very organized, with a passion for problem solving
- flexible, punctual, self-motivated, and the ability to learn new technology programs
- proficiency in Microsoft Office, comfortable working on Mac platforms, experience with other technological platforms including project management and accounting *DesignDocs an asset
- reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license required for sourcing and site visits
Please email Alexa at email@example.com using the subject line “Hire Me: Intermediate Designer” and include your resume, cover letter, and portfolio. Qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone interview before a formal interview. Please do not call the firm – every applicant will receive a response as decisions are made.