Does this sound like you…? You’ve seen the design shows. You love doing home projects on your own. But at the same time, you know you want a designer’s expertise and guidance to make your space your one-of-a-kind diamond in the rough.
If so, I have news for you. You can have both. It’s called “Off The Rack.” And it could be just what you’re looking for…
WHAT IS OUR “OFF THE RACK” DESIGN SERVICE?
Off The Rack is perfect if you want professional and personal design assistance but you enjoy the process of bringing the room together yourself. I’m talking to my fellow list makers, DIYers, checkmark lovers, and project tacklers.
WHAT DO YOU GET FROM “OFF THE RACK”?
• Access to designer style for one room in your home
• Personal attention and face-to-face meetings
• Room plans with drawings, for your most functional space (here’s an example of the deep and personal thought that goes into this!)
• Detailed list and sources of furnishings and decor you’ll love
• Project management tricks of the trade to pull your home together
• The freedom to finish the space at your own pace
Not to mention a cocktail of confidence, peace, and a sprig of mint. 😉
WHAT ARE THE STAGES OF AN “OFF THE RACK” PROJECT?
Generally, this is the timeline you can expect, but we’ll let you know if there will be a variation for your project.
Day 1: Submit your Off The Rack request
1 week later: Initial discovery call
2 weeks later: On-site planning meeting
6-8 weeks later: Off The Rack design plan presentation at our studio on 7070 E Farrell Rd SE
Note: We accept a limited number of Off The Rack clients per month. This gives us ample time to create a highly personal plan for each client and space.
WHAT DOES AN “OFF THE RACK” PROJECT COST?
The Off The Rack service is a fixed fee for a fixed scope — so it depends on the size and depth of your project. Once we have our initial discovery interview, we’ll be able to give you an approximate range for your investment.
HOW CAN YOU PREPARE TO WORK WITH US?
As with any design project, it’s important to come to our initial meeting prepared. I wish us LBI ladies were mindreaders (and we’re getting close), but we’re not quite 100% there yet.
Here’s what you can do to help us help you:
1. Prepare a list of questions, concerns, and goals for your project.
2. Think about how you use the space now, how you want to use the space, and how you would like the space to look, and feel.
3. Fill in our OFF THE RACK questionnaire to give us guidance in making selections
4. Collect images of rooms you love or are inspired by. Even if you don’t think that apply to your project, it’s a great way for us to get an idea of your style and aesthetic. We love Pinterest and Houzz for inspiration images.
5. Make a list of your favourite home and décor stores that you shop at; this helps us determine your style and you cost paradigm for individual furniture pieces.
6. If you have floor plans of your house, please have them ready. They can be helpful as an overview.
7. Prepare a rough outline of the investment you want to make in your project. It gives us an idea of what’s possible and what’s not with the money you’d like to spend.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM OUR INITIAL ON-SITE CONSULTATION?
Now the fun part — launching your project! During our on-site consultation, we really deep-dive into your goals and map out a plan:
• We will ask you to elaborate on your questionnaire, so we have a full understanding of your expectations, your lifestyle, and your personal style.
• We will be taking copious notes, measurements and photos of your space.
• We will discuss the scope of work (spaces and details we will be addressing) and your budget.
• We will have an agreement explaining the terms and conditions of our Off the Rack Design Package
PROFESSIONAL DESIGN GETS PERSONAL
The last step is our Design Plan Presentation, where we’ll give you floor plans, a list of picks and sources for furnishings and materials, plus our best advice for managing your project like pros.
The rest, as they say, is your hands!
The best part of our Off The Rack service (in my opinion) is that when you’re done, you have a one-of-a-kind, professionally designed space that fits your family and lifestyle — and you feel proud that your own love and care went into every inch.
That’s an incredible feeling (we know, we do it for a living!) and we can’t wait to share it with you.
If this approach aligns perfectly with your go-getter, list-maker personality, let’s talk, my friend. 😉