Spring has finally sprung and we couldn’t be more thrilled! We are oh so excited for our lives to be infused with beautiful blooms, sunshine, and most importantly, color! Valentino’s spring runway gave us just that. The bold color blocking and unexpected color combinations made our hearts pitter-patter. We were so inspired that we decided to take on the challenge of translating this bold fashion trend into a mod, liveable interior.
Our palette is a balance of bold color and sophisticated neutrals. Solid colored cushions add drama while the neutral, hard finishes create relief. To finish off the space we injected just the right amount of pattern. Here’s how we did it:
- AREA RUG: This beautiful Caitlin Wilson rug is a serious show stopper. This hand-knotted wool rug has a perfectly unexpected color combination that adds just the right amount of pattern and texture to the space. We. Just. Can’t. Even.
- SOFA: This refined plush velvet by Threadcount adds a touch of sophistication to the space.
- PAIR OF CHAIRS: The pattern of this beautiful faux leather by Kravet is mod, sophisticated, and fun.
- CUSHION A: A pair of cushions in this saturated pink JF fabric will add a hit of colour without overwhelming the space.
- CUSHION B: The color of this beautiful Schumacher chartreuse wool is unexpected and luxe. Also, it is oh so soft and cuddly.
- DRAPERY: We love that this sheer is light and airy and contrasts beautifully with the color, pattern, and texture found elsewhere in the space.
- FLOORING: This white oak floor provides the perfect backdrop for this bold palette to stand out.
- MOLDINGS: We love that this molding adds a traditional element to the space.
- FIREPLACE SURROUND: This textural hex tile will add just the right amount of interest around the fireplace.
- COFFEE TABLE: In our dream world, we would have a custom coffee table made out of brushed brass and smoked glass. A girl can dream, right?
By combining bright colors with refined neutrals, this fashion trend can easily be translated into a mod and liveable space. We hope this inspires you to bring some color into your life this spring!
You can follow our blogs weekly on the LeAnne Bunnell Interiors Inc. website. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram to see more inside scoop on how we make spaces beautiful on the daily and upcoming blogs to indulge in!